Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. Accreditation with the BABCP pending. (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies) Mandy runs her own private practice in Camberley, Surrey and also works for the National Health Service every Friday: Mind Matters – Walton on Thames (Surrey and Borders NHS)
Mandy Kloppers BA (UNISA); PostGrad Psych (Open); Dip LC(Inst.LC); MNCS (Acc)
Media outlets featuring Mandy’s advice:
I have come a long way since my teens/twenties when I was emotionally ‘all-over-the-place’ and very insecure. I wish I could say I never feel insecure or experience self doubt anymore but at least I am a vastly improved version of my younger self in terms of self awareness, mental resilience and knowing what makes me happy.
A tricky childhood and some health issues (depression, anxiety as well as physical illness) along the way have given me a deeper perspective on life.
This blog is all about the lessons I have learned – personally and professionally, the mistakes I’ve made and the trial and error process of life. Learning all the time!
If you wish to contact me for one-to-one counselling/psychotherapy you can use the contact form on this website or visit my business website for more information and contact details:
Mandy is a Counsellor who sees individuals and couples for counselling. She has a Bachelor of Arts Degree with majors in Psychology and Sociology and is a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) and the National Counselling Society.
Mandy has over 15 years mental health experience, working in some of the following environments:
- Broadmoor Mental Health Hospital – High Secure Unit for mentally disordered offenders
- Worked with the elderly suffering from dementia
- Students with learning disabilities (Rhett’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Down’s Syndrome…)
- Thornford Park – The Priory Group. A medium secure unit dealing with offenders.
- Children with autism and aspergers
- People with homelessness and drug dependency issues
- Organic mental disorders such as Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders, Mood disorders (depression, bipolar), eating disorders
- Individuals with relationship issues, phobias, self esteem issues, low confidence, depression & anxiety
- Couples with relationship issues
Mandy lives in Surrey, UK but helps people worldwide through a combination of methods – Skype, phone calls and face to face sessions.
Mandy is currently completing a post graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at New Buckinghamshire University and will be fully accredited with the BABCP upon completion.
She had an autobiographical book published in 2004 “Destination Delinquency?” and also blogs daily about her experiences and insights into the psychology of humans covering topics on life, love and relationships.
Mandy’s autobiographical book published in 2004. An inspiring story of overcoming the odds.
Click link below to purchase:
For more of Mandy’s videos: CLICK HERE