There is a multi-billion dollar industry out there geared towards giving you healthier skin. However, these products are often very expensive and do not work well. You might spend hundreds on a beauty care product that causes side effects. Some of these skin products are loaded with chemicals that your body may react to. Instead of having healthy skin, you may have dried and burnt skin.
Fortunately, there is a way for you to have healthy skin without using these expensive and skin damaging products. There are completely organic and natural ways to ensure that your skin is healthy and looks great. Great skin has been linked to higher self esteem levels, and so doing the tips below will help to ensure that you have great skin for the rest of your life.
- Eating Healthy
One of the best ways that you can ensure that your skin looks great is to make sure that you are eating a healthy diet. If you are eating a diet full of fatty and greasy foods, this can have a negative effect on your pores and the rest of your skin. Eating wholesome organic foods can help to ensure that you are getting the right vitamins and minerals to help your skin flourish. Some of the foods you should be eating include:
- Tomatoes help to prevent skin cancer. Studies have also shown that eating tomatoes can help to protect your skin from sunburn.
- Mangoes have a lot of antioxidants, which help the skin.
- Dark chocolate. Dark chocolate contains cocoa flavanols, which can help to decrease scaling and roughness on the skin. It also helps to promote skin hydration.
- Olive oil. Olive oil can help to prevent dark spots and discoloration of the skin as you age.
- Green tea. Green tea can help to rejuvenate dying skin cells. It is thought that green tea may help heal wounds and some skin conditions quickly.
- Omega-3. Omega 3 is found in pumpkin seeds, fish, and walnuts. It can help with preventing dryness.
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated throughout the day is a key component of having clear skin. If you struggle drinking water consider getting a refillable water bottle to keep with you throughout the day or find the best place to buy a fridge filterthat can help you drink water more consistently.
It is imperative that you keep your skin moisturized properly. Many people think that they can just rub lotion on to their skin and be fine. However, oftentimes, this is simply not enough to keep the moisture in your skin. Here are a few tips to properly moisturize your skin.
- Use oil. Many people go straight for the lotion when they have dry skin. Lotion can actually irritate the skin and can cause the dryness to get worse. Instead of this, switch to a skin-loving oil. For example, pure argan oilis a great choice for dry skin. You can also use oils like coconut oil to help treat dry skin. You can find recipes for homemade lotions made out of these oils online.
- Use a humidifier. In the winter months, consider using a humidifier. When you use heat, it will dry your skin out. Putting moisture back into the air will help your skin to hydrate itself well.
- All-natural cleansing products. Switch to all-natural soaps or body washes. You can make these yourself or purchase from someone who makes these items. Make sure that you are using only the best organic products out there.
- Contact your dermatologist. If you do the tips above, but you are still suffering from dry skin, you may want to make an appointment with your dermatologist to determine what is going on with your skin. They may have further tips on how you can improve your skin conditions.
- Getting Enough Sleep
A great way to ensure that your skin is healthy is to make sure that you are getting between 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. When you are in a deep sleep, your skin goes through a regeneration period. This helps to ensure that your skin is the healthiest it can be. If you find that you are having trouble sleeping, take an organic supplement like melatonin to help you to rest.
If you want to ensure that you have healthy skin, consider doing some of the things above. Taking your time to make sure that your skin is healthy will help to reduce the signs of aging. Remember to moisturize, get a good night’s sleep, and make sure that you include some skin-benefiting foods in your daily diet.