When you think about it, a human body is very much like a car; designed for speed, a car should be used daily in order for all the working parts to get some action and your body is much the same. You are a wonder of nature, the result of thousands of generations, your DNA is the result of unknown adversity, yet you survived and here you are!
As you get older, physical activity grows in importance and most people adopt some form of sport or pastime that works out the major muscle groups; on that topic, here are a few aspects of fitness training that you ought to know.
- Pre workout – You probably haven’t heard of pre workout, which is mainly caffeine that boosts your energy levels when you are about to work out. You can order a tub of powder from a leading online supplement supplier; if you don’t feel like lifting weights when the time comes, about 15 minutes prior, mix some pre workout powder with cold water and you’re good to go!
- Warming up/down – The human body is a masterpiece of genetic engineering and it requires warming up – imagine getting into an F1 car, firing it up and going straight into racing mode! You would terminally damage the engine, as not enough lubricant has had the time to circulate; the same goes for your body when you work out – limber up arms and legs to prepare the muscles for what is about to happen and this helps avoid muscle injury. After the workout, walk around for a few minutes, taking deep breaths to increase oxygen intake.
- Protein builds muscle – If you want to build muscle mass, you need a protein overload plus lifting heavy weights. Order protein powder from the online supplier and follow the instructions to gain muscle mass. While you can build muscle mass without protein supplements, the results are not as good, plus you need a high-protein diet that contains all the nutrients your body needs.
- Heavy exercise promotes memory – Most people are surprised when they learn this; the extra activity secretes hormones that promote neuron connections in the brain. By making the body work hard, you are kickstarting many systems and although you may not realise, many good things are happening in the background. If you have yet to factor in a daily workout, this should be a priority; whether you are 30 or 50, start working out and giving the major muscle groups a serious workout.
- The benefits of sweating – You probably know that sweat is your body’s way of cooling down, yet sweating also clears the skin pores, helping to keep your skin healthy and clean. You may have noticed that top athletes have great looking skin, so if your daily exercise routine doesn’t make you break into a sweat, time to ramp up the routine.
There are certain facts about fitness training; no pain-no gain is one of those – you need to push your body, in a structured way, of course.