The three pillars of love are intimacy, caring, and attachment. Perfect love is a combination of passion, commitment, and intimacy based on the triangular theory of love. Love is overwhelming, love is painful, love is sweet and love is devastating. It seems impossible to imagine this world and our existence without love. Love can mend a broken heart. Hearts can literally hurt from the emotional depth of love. Lucky are those who equally feel the same about each other. Let’s take a look at some of the amazing psychological facts about love.
1. Romantic love lasts a year. After that ‘attachment love’ sets in.
2. Some psychologists say that humans can not be “just friends” with opposite sex members.
3. A research shows that a woman is more drawn to a person when she is not sure how much he loves her.
4. If you want to know if someone loves you, look at their eyes: if we are in love, the pupil expands up to 45 percent.
5. People who are really in love tend to get jealous over stupid things.
6. Women are the first to say “I love you” in a relationship in 66% of cases.
7. The way a man stands counts for over 80% of a woman’s first impression.
8. More than half of people who believe in love at first sight have already experienced it.
9. 2 out of 5 women suffer from anuptaphobia, the fear of never finding love.
10. Men are known to fall in love faster than women
11. Falling in love at first sight is apparently true according to psychologists.
12. People generally prefer an attractive face over an attractive body when they are looking for a long term relationship.
13. Mimicry is a sign of attraction. Research has shown that we mimicry the actions of people we’re attracted to.
14. If you’re close to anyone, when you read their text you can hear their voice in your head.
15. Psychologically, it is impossible to be just friends with someone you have fallen in love with.
16. On the basis of a psychological study, a crush lasts no more than 4 months. If it exceeds, you’re already in love.
17. When a man finds a woman attractive, he may suck in his gut, flex his muscles and take postures that make him appear taller and stronger.
18. One study showed that 52% of women state that their husbands are not their soulmates.
19. Hugs that last over 20 seconds, release a chemical in your body, called “Oxytocin” that makes you trust someone more.
20. Couples who laugh together for at least 10 minutes each day will have a stronger relationship.
21. A study discovered that men believe that fit legs are the sexiest part of a woman.
22. It can help alleviate physical pain, stress and fear, if you hold the hands of a person you love.
23. When a guy really likes a girl he can’t help but tell his friends about her.
24. 23% of couples who meet online end up being married.
25. Just looking at a loved one’s picture can assist relieve pain.
26. The term “love” is taken from the Sanskrit ‘lubhyati’, which means “desire”.
27. According to a study, if you’re always the one to text a person first, there’s a 90% chance that this person isn’t interested in you.
28. Within 5 seconds of meeting someone, you make a lasting impression based on the following order: First, how they look. Second, how you sound and third, what you say.
29. You can’t be angry at somebody you really love. Anger that lasts more than three days shows you’re not in love.
30. Love can leave a memory that no one can steal, but can also leave a pain that no one can heal.
31. The more you talk about someone, the more you fall in love with that person.
32. Men in their early 20s feel more emotional pain after a break up than women.
33. People prefer symmetrical faces in their partners because it is unconsciously believed that they have better genetics.
34. It only takes up to 4 minutes to decide whether you like someone or not.
35. Women are less attracted to men who have a large belly.
36. Men who are deprived of sleep are more inclined to believe that women want to have sex with them.
37. When lovers gaze into each other’s eyes, their heart rates synchronize as well.
38. Women’s tears have been biologically proven to reduce testosterone levels and arousals in men.
39. After 34 minutes of conversation, the woman already knows if a long-term relationship is possible with the man or not.
40. Men are more attracted to women who have a bone structure like their mothers.
41. Studies have shown that happiness
is contagious. It can be difficult for people to get away from a happy person or not love someone who is happy because they are so enjoyable to be around.
42. Women feel that men become more attractive if they see other women smiling at them.
43. People are most likely to break up when they reach three to five months in their relationships.
44. Men with deeper voices tend to be attractive or to make an impression on women than men with higher voices.
45. Research has shown that intense or traumatic events, such as breakups, divorce, physical distance, or the loss of a loved one can contribute to real physical pain in a person’s heart. This is an actual condition known as Broken Heart Syndrome.
46. The simple gesture of expressing gratitude towards those you love creates an immediate spike in happiness.
47. Engagement rings are often carried on the left hand’s fourth finger because the old Greeks maintained that this finger contains the vena amoris, or “vein of love,” which runs directly to the heart.
48. Women around the world are more likely to fall in love with partners with ambition, education, wealth, respect, status, a sense of humor, and who are taller than they are. Women also prefer distinctive cheekbones and a strong jawbone, which are linked to testosterone levels.
49. Women often feel loved when speaking to their partner face to face, while men commonly feel emotionally close when working, playing, or speaking side by side.
50. People with relatively prudent and reliable partners tend to perform better at work, earning more promotions, making more money, and feeling more satisfied with their jobs, according to research.