Life is a flow of energy – positive and negative. Too much negative energy and it can affect our health. Positive energy on the other hand, revitalises us and makes us feel happy and alive. It’s vital to be aware of what types of energy are coming to you and leaving. Many of us get stressed and take on too much work and this brings negative energy our way. We can’t always avoid negative energy but it’s crucial to balance the flow in order to function correctly.
Use these energy awareness questions below to measure how balanced your life is:
1) Identify the people in your life who are energy contributors. Those who make you happy, whom you enjoy and who leave you feeling uplifted, positive and satisfied. Seek them out and limit time with negative people.
2) What are the activities that you do that contribute to your good feelings or give you energy?
3) Consider the activities that are not contributing to your energy and decide if some or all of them can be eliminated, or at least decreased.
4) What would you like to do or have, or be that doesn’t require someone or something else to change? This is an important question in practising self sufficiency and focusing your power on what you can control.
5) What do you do most days that zaps your energy and time and gives very little back in the way of real joy? What is one small thing you could try today, right now, that would feel positive?
The more aware we are of what influences us negatively and positively, the better we are at arranging our lives in a way that is conducive to contentment. Try to have at least 50% positive and 50% negative but the ideal is to increase the positive as much as possible and reduce the negative energy.
Energy awareness involves seeking out positive people, listening to uplifting music, spending time in nature or with animals – whatever it is that makes you feel joy is where you need to gravitate to. Life brings us a lot of negative energy, make sure you manage it well and deflect is efficiently.