Are you worried about your part widening or a thin ponytail? This may be happening because of Female Pattern Hair Loss. FPHL or Female Pattern Hair Loss is a condition affecting thousands of million worldwide and is the most common cause of hair fall. Female Pattern baldness is generally hereditary and is common after menopause. The most common symptoms of FPHL are excessive hair loss, thinning of hair, and patchy bald spots. The three most common causes of Female Pattern Baldness are:
- Health conditions
There are many hair loss treatments available in the market. However, the foremost thing you should do before going for treatment is to visit a dermatologist to get the reason for hair loss diagnosed and get a treatment best suited for your hair.
- Minoxidil solution: The most common and effective medication that can be used for preventing hair loss in both men and women is Minoxidil, also known as Rogaine. Using this solution for six months prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth. The drug is approved by UD Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and comes as a liquid to be spread on the scalp daily. However, Minoxidil has some side effects, such as irritation in the scalp and rapid heart rate.
- Corticosteroid injections: Women can also consider using corticosteroid injections in the affected areas to stop hair loss. These injections modulate the immune system and lower inflammation in the bald patches. These injections are very effective and can show the results in as quick as 4 to 6 weeks. Some of the side effects of these injections are thinning of scalp skin and skin atrophy.
- Laser caps: Hair regrowth laser cap is the latest innovation in the hair industry that can help women grow their hair thicker and healthier and stop hair from falling out in only three months. These laser-based devices comprise lasers emitting photons that enter the scalp and target the follicles to promote metabolism and hair growth. However, these laser caps are an expensive investment, so if you consider buying them to stop your hair from falling, it is better to consult a doctor first to get an FDA-certified laser cap best for your scalp.
- PRP therapy: It is said that your blood heals everything. I am sure you know about the “vampire facial” that uses your blood to give you a glowing and youthful appearance. PRP therapy also works along the same lines. Our blood has plasma with white blood cells and platelets rich in growth. PRP therapy essentially involves drawing standard blood from a person’s arm. This blood is then centrifuged to separate plasma from the red blood cells. The plasma is injected into the scalp to decrease hair loss and promote growth.
Home remedies to treat hair loss
All the above mentioned treatments can be very expensive, which is why we have also prepared a list of ways you can stop hair fall naturally and promote the growth of your hair:
- Egg mask: It is no secret that eggs are rich in protein, zinc, sulphur, and phosphorus. They strengthen the hair strands and prevent split ends and hair fall. Applying an egg mask on your hair once a week for 30 minutes will show you tremendous results.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil consists of lauric acid that reduces the loss of protein from your hair. Applying coconut oil for an hour before you wash your hair can lubricate your hair scalp and prevent hair breakage.
- Green tea: Apart from helping you lose weight; green tea can also help you to reduce hair fall. Applying green tea on your scalp twice a week can help reduce hair damage and grow hair naturally.
Photo by Element5 Digital on Unsplash