People like to know that they aren't alone in what they are going through…
How to Stop Snoring? Causes, Symptoms, and Remedies
Snoring can affect anyone, and it is a common condition among many people. It occurs more in men as compared to women. It is also common in those people who are overweight. It can be worse with age. If a person occasionally snores, then it is not very serious, but it can disturb others. Habitual snorers not only disturb other’s night sleep but also spoil your own sleep quality. If you’re a habitual snorer then you should visit your doctor to get a good sleep.
Symptoms of Snoring
Snoring is a sleep disorder. In a clinical study, it is known as obstructive sleep apnea. It is not necessary that every snorer has OSA, but if you feel chest pain in the night, restlessness sleep, sore throat, headaches upon awakening, high blood pressure, and if you snore too loud. These symptoms can be an indication to see your doctor for a proper checkup.
Causes of Snoring
- Extra tissues in the throat are the central cause of snoring. When a person breath these extra tissues vibrate and produce a sound which we call snoring.
- Pregnant women or obese also have extra heavy tissues in their throat; these fat tissues are the cause of snoring.
- Dust particles blocked your nasal cavity and prevented you from breathing.
- Excessive use of alcohol, smoking, and medicines
- Your age also matters. Sleep habit of people changes, especially in older age, when they get old, their throat and tongue muscles tend to relax during sleep and cause a vibration when they inhale and produce a harsh sound.
Some people think snoring is not fixable, but it is a treatable condition.
Lose Your Weight
As it is mentioned above, being overweight is the leading cause of snoring. When your body gains weight, bulky tissues of the mouth and throat also increased. These tissues sometimes block the passage of air and vibrate when you inhale or exhale during sleep. When you lose your weight, it automatically reduces fatty tissues, and you stop snoring
Many snoring mouthpieces are helping snorer and their bed partner to enjoy their sleep. These mouthguards reduce snoring by holding your tongue on the right place and push jaws forward.
Snorers should be careful when they select a mouthpiece. They should go for the right quality mouthpieces. If you’ve snoring habit then you can search on the internet, you can also read the written reviews of users. For example, ZQuiet as reviewed by SnoreNation.com, you can choose their mouth guard after reading the pros and cons mentioned by the users.
Change Your Sleep Position
Your sleeping position may affect your sleep. When you sleep on your back, it relaxed the tongue muscles to block the airway. Sometimes people feel uncomfortable when they change their side because it causes restlessness and snoring. It’ll be useful if you raise your head above a few inches, for this purpose you can use a pillow to improve your neck position.
Visit Your Doctor If You Have Chronic Allergy
A person who has an allergy it disturbs the airflow through the nose and forces you to breathe through the mouth. When a person breathes through his mouth, it causes snoring. You can discuss it with your doctor what kind of medicine can improve airflow through the nose.
Share with others:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Add This (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Diigo (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook Share (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Digg (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)