How to make a positive impact
Thousands of candles can be lit by one candle,& the life of the candle won’t be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared-Buddha
1) Choose local, seasonal produce to reduce world pollution
2) Choose free range products – compassion to animals
3) Give to charity
4) Boycott countries who have no respect for humanity. Create your own sanctions by not buying their products or
5) Think kind thoughts and show compassion
6) Give others the benefit of the doubt
7) Volunteer for a good cause (I’ve just signed up for a charity called “Friends of the Elderly’ ).
8) Speak out against cruelty and stand up to bullies/wrongdoers
9) Share your love and kindness, especially with those that need it most.
10) Share your knowledge and skills to empower others
11) Don’t be fearful of making a stand, be a leader not a follower
12) Help those weaker and more vulnerable than you
13) Nurture empathy and tolerance towards others
14) Smile – send out positive energy to the world. It comes back to you in far greater proportions when you situate yourself in the positive, loving zone.
15) Foster a child..or adopt
16) Become an organ donor/Donate blood
Part of being human involves wanting to make a difference and to leave our mark. We all seek meaning in our lives. Making a positive change or a contribution, no matter how small, cements your presence on earth.
It’s human nature to want to create some type of legacy—to not just do good things but also be known for them. There’s no need to vilify that type of desire when you consider it’s primal in all of us. The size of the contribution is not what matters most. The key here is to have the heart to do it.
“If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
Photo by tonynetone