Here are some wonderful affirmations that can help to encourage you to develop a more self nurturing attitude. Read these to yourself often:
1)I recognise that my own needs are important.
2) It is good for me to take time for myself.
3) I’m finding a balance between my own needs and my concern for others.
4) If I take good care of myself, I will have more to give to others.
5) It’s okay to ask for what I want from others.
6) I’m learning to accept myself just the way I am.
7) It’s okay to say “no” to others’ demands when I need to.
8) I don’t have to be perfect to be loved and accepted.
9) I can change myself, but I accept that I can’t make another person change.
10) I am letting go of taking responsibility for other people’s problems.
11) I respect others enough to know that they can take responsibility for themselves.
12) I’m letting go of guilt when I can’t fulfill others’ expectations.
13) Compassion towards others is loving; feeling guilty about their feelings or reactions accomplishes nothing.
14) I am learning to love myself more every day.
Self love can help you to achieve all sorts of possibilities that wouldn’t be there without sturdy self love. Learn to honour yourself and be your own best friend.