Simplify your life
Who would have thought it would take effort to simplify your life? Yep – in this age of information overload and gadgets all around us, adverts telling us about all the things we need to be happy, be popular, be liked, be a good parent etc…it’s no wonder we are all so frazzled!
Keeping your life simple does take a bit of effort initially and here’s how:
- Get rid of clutter – if you don’t enjoy it and if you don’t use it, get rid of it. Be brutal.
- Check your emails once or twice a day instead of regularly checking throughout the day.
- Turn your phone off for a few hours in the evening and spend this time pampering yourself or chatting to your friends/family.
- Watch the news less.
- Watch TV less.
- Stop wanting more…be happy with less.
- Never have more than 5 things on your to-do list for the day – learn to prioritise.
- Spend time in nature when you need to escape instead of accumulating more things.
- Be mindful – live more in the present moment. Focus on your surroundings instead of living in the future and worrying unnecessarily.
- Spend time alone at least once per week to refocus and re-assess.
Simplifying your life will help clear your mind. De-clutter and learn to live against the grain. We live in a time when we are encouraged to want more and this, in my opinion, adds to our stress rather than enhancing our emotional well being.