9 Reasons why you shouldn’t care so much
Worrying about what others think is a part of life but sometimes this worry can take over and influence our lives far more than is necessary. Here are reasons why you should care less about what others think of you and your lifestyle:
- It’s your life, not theirs. You have to live with the decisions you make, not them.
- Most people who judge have many reasons to be judged themselves. Avoid the hypocrites.
- In years from now, you will remember what you did, not exactly how you felt. Make sure you can look back and know the decisions you made had your best interests at heart, not the best interests of the observers and judgemental people around you.
- Others who judge and interfere often have more issues than you do, hence their need to interfere.
- Your opinion should be AS important, if not more important than that of others. By all means listen to what others have to say but ultimately make decisions in line with your values.
- Worrying too much about what others think can take you off your true path to fulfillment and peace of mind. Be still and tune in to your inner wisdom, ignore the ‘noise’ of those around you. Trust your instincts.
- The more you listen to yourself, the better you get at making the right choices that will serve you the best in life.
- The more you trust yourself and believe in yourself, the more your confidence will grow and the more you will realise that others don’t know best all the time.
- Others think about you and judge you much less than you realise. Don’t “mind read”.
Learn to trust your gut feeling and make decisions based on your own self knowledge. Being true to yourself is the best way to reach your full potential.